- ⅓ cupcup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoonsprepared basil pesto*
- 3 cupscooked medium grain white rice
- ⅔ cupgrated Asiago cheese
- 2 eggslightly beaten
- 4 ouncesthinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- ½ teaspoonpepper
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in a small bowl; refrigerate.
- Combine rice, cheese, eggs, prosciutto and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Shape into 20 patties, about 1 ½-inches in diameter. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté half the patties 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown; remove from pan. Cook remaining patties, using additional oil, if needed.
- Serve with pesto aioli sauce.
Recipe Notes: *Sun-dried tomato pesto may be substituted.