Rainbow Beef Stir-Fry
- 1 cup (250 mL)15-minute brown rice
- 1 smallonion, diced
- 2 cups (500 mL)beef broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL)garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL)dried onion flakes or onion powder
- 1 cup (250 mL)frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb (500 g)lean ground beef
- 3 cups (750 mL)mixed frozen Asian veggie mix
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)garlic powder
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium-sized saucepan mix together rice, onion, broth, garlic powder and onion powder. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low and cover with a
tight-fitting lid. Cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat, mix in peas, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium nonstick skillet cook ground beef over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, breaking the beef apart with the back of a wooden spoon. Mix in frozen vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together garlic powder, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into the skillet. Cook stirring for 3 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and thickens.
- Add beef and vegetable mixture to rice, serve and enjoy!