Rice and Edamame Salad
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked and cooled, U.S. long grain white or brown rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen, shelled edamame (green soy beans), thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) well rinsed bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn kernels
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice (or white wine) vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) wasabi paste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- In a large bowl, toss the rice with the edamame, bean sprouts, red pepper, corn and green onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil, sugar, wasabi paste and ginger, then gradually whisk in the canola oil. Toss the salad with the soy dressing. Reserve for up to 1 day in the refrigerator.
Wasabi paste is found in the fresh sushi section at most supermarkets.