Rice, Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked white or brown USA Rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped cooked chicken or shrimp
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) diagonally sliced celery
- 1/2 sweet green pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) minced onion
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Salad greens (optional)
- Tomato wedges for garnish
- Combine rice, chicken, avocado, celery, green pepper and onion in large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt, sugar, white pepper, garlic and hot sauce. Pour over rice mixture and lightly toss. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve on salad greens and garnish with tomato wedges or use to make wrap sandwich.