- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked U.S. short or medium grain rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced, fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced green onions
- In bowl, combine rice, cheese and egg. Press onto lightly greased foil-lined baking sheet to form an 8-inch (20 cm) circle.
- Spread with prepared pesto and top with mozzarella slices, tomato, mushrooms and green onions.
- Bake at 400 F (200 C) until toppings are cooked, cheese is golden and bubbly and outer crust is crisp on the edges, about 15 minutes.