Savoury Rice Waffles
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced dry onion
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) cooked U.S. long grain white rice
- 3.5 oz (100 g) cooked turkey sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded old cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped cremini mushrooms
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sambal oelek
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic powder, onion, salt and pepper; stir in rice, sausage, spinach, cheddar, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes.
- Place about ¾ cup (175 mL) of mixture into waffle maker and cook until crispy and golden brown. Whisk together maple and sambal in a small bowl. Serve with waffles.
Waffles can be made up to 2 days in advance and reheated in a toaster.