Shrimp And Steak Street Tacos
- 1 cup (250 mL) U.S. long grain brown rice
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) low sodium or regular vegetable broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced onion
- ½ cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) *Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cumin
- 6.6 oz (200 g) shrimp, peeled
- 6.6 oz (200 g) top sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) *hot sauce
- 12 *small Mexican flour tortillas (approx.)
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped cilantro
- ½ cup (125 mL) pico de gallo
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled queso fresco
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced avocado
- 1 red chili, seeded and thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
- In a small saucepan, stir together rice, broth, onion, orange juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) each olive oil and Worcestershire, the lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook covered for 30 minutes until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, season steak and shrimp each with 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot sauce and ½ tbsp (7 mL) Worcestershire sauce. Preheat skillet with 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil over medium high heat. Pan fry shrimp and steak; removing shrimp when pink and cooking steak for 3 minutes per side for medium rare or until desired doneness. Let steak rest and slice thinly.
- Heat tortillas in a non-stick skillet until soft and pliable. Serve tortillas on a large platter with rice, steak, shrimp and toppings of cilantro, pico de gallo, queso fresco, and avocado. Garnish with red chili and lime wedges.