Shrimp Rice Bowl
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 3 cups (750 mL) U.S. cooked rice
- 1 12-oz (341 mL) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped, reserve oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Asiago or Mozzarella cheese blend
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) julienned fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb (500 g) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; add rice, corn, sun-dried tomatoes and salt. Stir until heated through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place shrimp on broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Brush shrimp with reserved oil from sun-dried tomatoes; broil 4 to 5 inches (10 to 12.5 cm) from heat source for 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Spoon rice into individual bowls; top with shrimp; sprinkle with cheese and basil.
To cook shrimp on outdoor grill, brush with reserved oil from tomatoes; cook skewered shrimp over hot coals for 4 minutes. Turn and brush with additional tomato oil. Grill 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink.