- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked hot or reheated USA short grain white rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ketchup
- 20-22 stuffed pimiento olives
- Sweet Thai chili sauce to serve (optional)
- 10-11 4-inch long wooden cocktail picks
- Place half of the hot cooked rice in a large measuring cup and purée into a smooth sticky paste with a hand blender or small bowl of a food processor; stir in remaining rice until combined and fold in mozzarella.
- Roll 2 tsp of mix into a ball; indent the rice ball with your finger and press in an olive while forming the rice around the olive to mimic an eyeball. Repeat to make 20-22 rice eyeballs.
- Brush a little ketchup around the top half of each eyeball. Skewer 2 rice eyeballs onto each wooden cocktail pick; arrange picks on an oiled baking sheet and spray with oil. Broil the rice eyeballs for 2-3 minutes until light golden and wooden picks have blackened. Serve with sweet Thai chili sauce if desired.