Supergreens, Shrimp and Rice Salad
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 granny smith apple, divided
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2 mL) pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each finely chopped tarragon and dill
- 6 cups (1.5 L) thinly sliced assorted greens (kale, Swiss chard, beet greens)
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked U.S. long grain brown rice
- 1 lb (500 g) cooked shrimp (approx. 20-24)
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- Combine red onion and radish in a bowl; bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan and pour over red onion mix. Let sit for 20 minutes. Strain vinegar into a blender and set pickled onion and radish aside.
Chop half the apple and add to a blender along with oil, lemon juice and zest, Dijon, pepper and salt; blend until pureed. Stir in tarragon and dill.
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, rice, and pickles. Arrange equally on 6 plates; thinly slice remaining apple and divide evenly among plates. Top with shrimp and avocado. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.