Tangy Lime Rice Pudding Squares
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S. rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1 can (12 oz/300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) gingersnap cookie or graham wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipped cream
- optional Lime zest for garnish
- In medium saucepan, combine rice, milk and sweetened condensed milk. Cook over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick and creamy.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix together gingersnap crumbs and melted butter until well blended. Press crumbs into 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- When rice pudding is done, stir in lime juice. Spread pudding over crust; chill. Spread whipped cream over pudding. To serve, cut into squares and garnish with strips of lime zest, if desired.