Tilapia with Cheesy Roasted Pepper-Chipotle
- 1 (370 mL) jarroasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoonpepper
- 4tilapia or snapper filets
- 1 tablespoonbutter
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 1 cupchipotle salsa
- 3 cupscooked long grain brown rice
- ¾ cupmanchego or parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cuppitted kalamata olives, halved (optional)
- Place red peppers in blender or food processor; puree until smooth; set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of fish. Melt butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until opaque. Set aside on separate plate; cover to keep warm.
- To pan drippings, add pureed peppers and salsa; bring to boil. Remove 1/4 cup salsa mixture; set aside.
- Stir rice into remaining salsa mixture in skillet; cook until heated, stirring frequently. Add cheese and olives; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Spoon rice on platter around fish; spoon reserved sauce over fish.
- Garnish with additional olives, if desire.