Tomato and Lemon Risotto
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked U.S. Arborio or medium grain rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon juice
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat broth until it starts to boil; reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add shallots; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup (250 mL) of the broth.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding remaining broth, 1 cup (250 mL) at a time, allowing it to be absorbed before adding more. Cook until rice is tender and mixture has creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, lemon rind and juice. Top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.