Turkey and Rice Pineapple Burgers with Sesame Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) ground turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked and cooled U.S. brown or white rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped drained water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced green onions
- 4 round slices fresh pineapple, peeled, cut ½-inch (1cm) thick and with core removed
- 4 leaves Romaine or leaf lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grainy or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) rice vinegar
- In bowl, beat egg with soy sauce, ginger, Sriracha and garlic; mix in turkey, rice, water chestnuts and green onions. Shape into four 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties.
- Grill patties and pineapple slices, covered, on greased grill or in greased grill pan over medium-high heat, turning once, until pineapple is lightly charred, about 4 minutes, and until patties are no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir mayonnaise, sesame oil, mustard, soy sauce and vinegar to blend.
- Split buns; toast on grill, if desired. Spread with sesame mayonnaise; sandwich lettuce, burgers, pineapple, tomato and onion in buns.