Vegan Wild Rice Soup
- 2 cups wild rice
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- add neutral vegetable oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Season with salt to preferred taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- for serving kale or parsley, chopped
- Bring a pot to medium heat. Add in the diced carrots, celery, and white onion with a drizzle of a neutral vegetable oil. Sauté for about 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent and softened.
- Then, add in the vegetable broth, tomatoes, turmeric, black pepper, salt, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Simmer soup, covered, for 30 minutes, until vegetables are completely soft.
- When done simmering, add in the cooked US Grown wild rice. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve with chopped kale or parsley, if desired.