Vegetable Rice Pizza
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) cooked brown or white U.S. Rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each garlic powder and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pitted, sliced black olives OR sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- In medium bowl, combine rice, Cheddar cheese and egg. Press into lightly greased 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan. Bake at 400°F (200°C) 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from oven.
- In small bowl, combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper; spread over rice crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and half of mozzarella cheese. Top with mushrooms, zucchini, olives and red pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer.