- 1½ cupshort grain rice
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 package (227g)cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ teaspoonspaprika
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 teaspoonkosher salt
- ½ teaspoonblack pepper
- 1 cupdry white wine
- 1 can (398mL)chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (398mL)diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2½ cupvegetable broth
- ½ cupfrozen green peas, thawed
- ¼ cupfresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1lemon zest & juice
- ⅓ cupgreen olives, sliced
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a large high-sided skillet with a fitted lid over medium-high. Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms; cook 7 to 8 minutes, until softened. Add garlic, paprika, saffron, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add wine and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until mostly reduced. Stir in rice; cook 2 to 3 minutes, until rice begins to turn translucent. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, broth, and green peas. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine parsley, lemon zest and juice, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Once rice is cooked, remove lid and cook 5 more minutes. Scatter parsley oil overtop, and garnish with olives, if desired.
Recipe Notes: Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 4 days.