Veggie and Rice Burgers
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrots
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped parsley
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) whole wheat flour
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 cups (1.5 L) cooked long grain brown rice
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In large bowl, combine carrots, onion, parsley and eggs. Add flour; season with salt and pepper. Mix in cooled rice until well combined. Shape into flat patties.
- In large frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry patties in oil on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.