Zucchini and Rice Soup
- 3-1/2 cups (825 mL) concentrated chicken stock
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked USA rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 oz (40 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- In medium saucepan, heat chicken stock.
- In large skillet, heat oil; add onion and garlic and cook until transparent. Add zucchini and brown slightly. Add heated chicken stock, bring to boil and leave to simmer until zucchini is tender.
- Add sage, cooked rice and salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with cheese.